Privacy and Security
2. What personal information do we collect and how we will use it?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Contact and demographic details including title, name, postal and email addresses, postcode, contact telephone numbers, demographic details (including birthdays and special dates where you provide this information to us);
- Transaction information, including payment and reservation and booking details;
- Purchase history, including the date(s) of your stay;
- Registration information, including your room and other expressed preferences;
- Customer communication preferences;
- Customer feedback; and
- Computer or device information (e.g. your IP address and operating system).
Where you book accommodation for other people, we may ask you to provide the above information about them (e.g. we will usually ask for the title, first name and surname, e-mail address and nationality of a person for each room that you book for identification purposes). You should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Administration and management of room and restaurant bookings;
- Processing transactions;
- Administration of our Digital Channels;
- Administration and management of our competitions, promotions and prize draws – you should check the applicable terms and conditions of the competition, promotion or prize draw for further information;
- Sending you communications about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may also send you service information communications (e.g. reservation/booking confirmation).
- Business, website and consumer analysis and reporting; and
- Correspondence between us
3. Sharing your personal information with third parties
We may disclose your personal information to (in so far this is in line with applicable local data protection laws):
- A buyer in the event that we are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets); and/or
- Any third party where we are under a legal duty to do so, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where personal information is processed on our behalf by third parties (such as for the purposes of processing your room booking), we put measures in place to keep your information secure.
We take the security of any personal information we hold very seriously.
We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
We will store all your personal data on secure servers and password protected work computers.
Data relating to your enquiries and financial transactions that is sent from your web browser to our web server, or from our web server to your web browser, will be protected using encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You should ensure that your password is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer program. You are responsible for keeping the password you use confidential.
Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
6. International transfers
7. Direct marketing
We would like to keep you informed of our news and offers by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means.
If you have agreed to receive such marketing communications you may opt out or change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
8. Access to and amending your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting us.
You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us. We may make a small charge for this service.
The Leathes Head Hotel
Cumbria CA12 5UY
11. Further information
This site is operated by Dacre Investments Limited (07152473) whose registered office is: